GoDaddy, a popular domain registrar and web hosting service, has introduced a new service for podcasters, GoDaddy.com Quick Podcast. The service is designed to let users easily publish and manage their shows.
"As North America's largest hosting provider, Go Daddy is in a strong position to support the podcasting community. I'm a podcaster myself with my show, 'Life Online,'" said Bob Parsons, CEO and founder of The Go Daddy Group, Inc. "The tools in Quick Podcast are ideal for small to medium-sized businesses, as well as individuals looking to get into the podcasting game."
GoDaddy.com's Quick Podcast, starting at $4.99 per month, helps users host and publish their podcast, using a Go Daddy developed platform. After uploading the media file for the program, the system generates and publishes the RSS feed.
Quick Podcast Features:
- Ability to promote the podcast using a personalized domain name.
- Simple, hosted Web page with templates and themes to showcase the podcast.
- Onsite player for MP3 files, located on the podcast Web site for audio program listening.
- Media management resources for organizing multimedia files.
- Automatic notification to several podcast directories, including iTunes and iPodder.org, after users register with these services.
- Statistic reporting to track the popularity of the podcast.
- Customer support available 24/7/365.
More information is available at the GoDaddy site.