Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Friday, March 09, 2007

If I knew then what I know now

An intersting question presented on a podcasting blog I've recently discovered:

If you knew “then” what you know “now” (in terms of Podcast production), how would your Podcast be different today?

I've been thinking a lot about my podcast lately, as I have an anniversary approaching. An entire year and 23 episodes under my belt! As with any momentous occasion, it causes reflection. Where you began, where you are now, where you see yourself going. I have an interesting circumstance, because I was podcast-producing for a couple of months before I began my own show. So I was able to learn some of the production side that way. Really, even that was just basic editing, because the show was complete. Just cutting and pasting and inserting. But it did enable me to become comfortable with programs, and with my own abilities. I will always be grateful for that opportunity- thank you Sonic Society!

In all honesty, I don't think my show would be any different today, speaking strictly from a production point of view. It evolved exactly as it should. Podcasting has always seemed to be a "learn as you go" endeavor, for the most part. The quality definitely became better over time, with practice. I think there is less pressure simply in the fact that you have complete control over your podcast, in creativity, content, even time. What I also found is, as I began listening to more podcasts, I started experimenting more with my own show. Trying different things. So that would add to the production evolution as well.

How would you answer this question?

No comments: