Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Addicted to more than just audio

Though I think my internal clock is still off. It's after 11, everyone has gone to bed, and it still feels early. Like, two hours earlier. So here I sit trying to figure out this silly Mac machine my sister has.... and I came across this little holiday audio gem:


MP3 of "It's a Wonderful Life"
A 1947 Lux Radio Broadcast of
It's a Wonderful Life with original cast (Jimmy Stewart et. al). MP3 Link, hour-long, 10meg file.

Reader comment: Greg Tulonen says,

Thanks for the It's a Wonderful Life link. Lux Radio Theatre was a curious and wonderful show wherein the stars of major motion pictures recreated their roles for a live radio version (with no retakes!) It ran for over twenty years, from 1934-1955. I can't imagine the movie stars of today agreeing to a similar arrangement with television.

The great otrcat.com offers mp3 CDs of every Lux Radio Theatre episode ever broadcast, as well as hundreds of other radio shows: Link



OK, that's it for now.. I'm off to listen to some of the many podcasts that I can now actually listen to since my iPod has come back from the dead. :-)

~Dani

No comments: