Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Show Archive & Stuff

Yay! Got a chance to finish listening to last night's show. It didn't feel like an ending, and that is good. Catch the archive HERE. They ran a bit over, so I would grab it from 21:00 until 22:40. :-) Happy Listening, and it will be because they give plenty of teasers on what is up-and-coming for the Society! Yippeee!!

As I was pimping the show and this blog on my Ryze network, Jack had this to say about the dawn coming to Shadowlands:

"I'm really touched by those words thank-you so much both of you!
I am also really excited about the Sonic Society starting up next week and I'm trying not to think about never listening to the Shadowlands theme for a show or doing the Shadowlands intro again. *L* I'm working on a new introduction and I received the final edit of the new theme last night from Sharon Bee www.sharonbee.com (my friend and music maker for our original works). The Sonic Society is going to be a pretty unique show. Each week brand new shows for the most part have not been heard on radio stations anywhere (definitely in Canada and in the case of many not even in the United States). These represent the work of people who have the same love of Radio Drama that Topper, Dani and I have and have an eclectic group of stories from comedic silliness "Schlock Theatre" to epic stories "Colonial Radio Theatre" to episodic Science Fiction "Prometheus Theatre" and around again! Andrew and I have sat in the recording both and had half hour interviews with at least 6 of these writer/director/actors and we're cutting those interviews into ten minute slices between our Features and the continuing serial we're doing called "Robots of the Company." Gone, for the most part, is the off the cuff banter as we make this show much tighter, and we'll miss that, but what's going to be more prevalent is the show, making radio drama, loving radio drama, and showcasing radio drama. What's also new and exciting is that in contacting 40 odd stations two days ago, more than half said outright they wanted to be our affiliate. So, I'm busily cutting and splicing the shows into ACTS and putting them on our server for distribution. A prof from Missouri State even contacted us, and since our distribution is for Canada AND the U.S. that means we're able to bring the series to a radio station near you. I think when you're intents are pure, things fall into place. People can feel that. First and foremost I want people everywhere to have great radio drama to listen to. That's why running the show in your radio station is absolutely free. And I've babbled on enough about my passion. Sorry for taking up your time! Back to the subjects at hand." ~J

Ever humble, isn't he? They also had another guest for the evening, the bubbly Elana Zatzman, who has had roles in a couple of the Shadowlands original stories. I found a link to her website through the voice-acting alliance, but currently it is down. I will update when it's available, cause it's a cool site. :-)

Anywho- so that is that. Onward to bigger things... I cannot wait to hear the premier of Sonic Society next week!

~Dani

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there it's Elana Zatzman.

Yeah my website goes on and offline all the time and i'm not "bubbly!" lol ^_~