Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Monday, October 24, 2005

The Witch's Flyby

Some of you reading may not know me, so first and foremost a bit about me. I am held hostage by two flying monkeys named Kegan and Piper and one large wizard named Jack! At the moment, I am kept in a dark and dreery castle in the Windy City. In a short while, I will be relocated--they do this to keep me clueless, I think--to my homeland in the land of OZ. Yes, the Witch is returning to the land of Misery. Upon my return, I will no doubt be a hinderance to the innocent looking girl next door types and soccer moms. I say, let the games begin. Anywho, the Addict invited me to join in this little party. I suspect it's to pick my brain about all those Podcasts to which I'm so addicted. So, kiddies, I will gladly be a purveyor of fine Podcasts, music that is anti-mainstream and all else that is unique and, sometimes, downright weird! If that's not enough, view my profile that gives you my astrological, bust size, pet peeves, and strange tics!

Sorry, boys and girls, I don't do radio drama--there is enough of that in my real-life adventures.

I see the Addict has been heading some of my advice and listening to the sexy stylings of Adam Curry. If you aren't yet listening to the Daily Source Code, get with the program. Adam is the King Daddy of Podcasting and anyone that is anyone and occasionally no one, listens.

Since some of you may be new to this whole Podcasting thing, I'll start you out nice and easy with, "On a Podcast", to get you up to speed. When you get done jamming, come back and I'll give you my pick of the day Podcast.

*Tap, tap, tap, swinging hair in all types of circles, air guitar playing, dancing across the room.*

That song is hot and so is the band, Cruisebox.

Now that we are done jamming, let me introduce you to a podcast that all the HOT dogs in town are listening to. The little guy on the left is The Bat Pig and no doubt, he is listening to one of my husband's favorite casts, Skepticality.

I've always known that my husband was a super geek, but the first time I listened to this show, I thought, he has gone waaaaaaay beyond WTF is the MATTER with YOU! However, I was recently trapped in the car with the man and was forced to listen to some additional episodes of this show. (I should tell you that his persistance is how he ended up married in the first place.) Loved it. I'd venture to guess that if you are tired of hearing the same old, same old, you will love it too. The hosts, Derek and Swoopy talk about the strange, the unusual and the often wacky. Since I could never do it the justice, here is the iTunes description:

We're tired of pertinent social and science news being buried by clap trap. Our podcast is here to bring you relevant, under reported current events, as well as in-depth discussions from a scientific, critical, skeptical, and humorous point of view.

Derek and Swoopy are your hosts, filling your pod and your brain with skeptical insight and conversation, sometimes heated, on a plethora of topics that are ripe for critical examination. Bringing truth to podcasting, and all who choose to listen.

In our travels we will tackle the beasts of pseudoscience; the paranormal, supernatural, ufo / alien encounters, mis-understood history, and overwrought legends - urban or otherwise.

Our interview shows feature notable skeptics including; leading astronomy speakers, scientists, philosophy experts, and other scientific, secular, humanist, and skeptical book authors, and critical thinkers.
Now, you tell me, can Clear Channel do better than that?

~M




No comments: