Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What's Up With Gravity?

Teeheeee... oh this Robot's of the Company series just makes me giggle. And giggle. And giggle.

Oh it's so fun, and I was lucky enough to be able to ask the series creator, Jon Russell, about where he got the idea for the silly serial:

"ROTC came to me as one of those late night ideas you just get when you've been deprived of sleep and it just kinda hits you. We had had some major problems last year at about this time with a number of computer crashes which left DRE not being able to produce or release anything.

Once we got our systems back up and running, we couldn't really finish the projects we were working on until we got some back up copies of lines, as well as some retakes and such, so in the meantime, my hope was to do something quick, simple & reasonably funny to just put something out there so people knew we were, at least, still around. ROTC was the idea I came up with, and we ran with it. The first two episodes are the result of that.

This year we'd planned to go on with a short second season, but when Jack approached me to include something for Sonic Society, I decided to pitch ROTC at him, and he loved it! So, we settled on doing 13 episodes for our second season, and even now we're planning our third!"


Well I think it's great- and I certainly can't wait to hear more installments! I also am not surprised in the least that Jack loved it. :-)
(Did I mention that it was great to listen to the show at the appropriate time again? ) Yay!

No comments: