Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Interview of SFF Audio's Jesse Willis

UPDATE: I couldn't wait any longer, so I took a break in the midst of audio drama listening heaven to check out the interview. It took all day to listen to (thanks to my never-ending distracted life), and at the last 15 minutes I locked myself in a room and ignored the "Mom? Maaaahmmm!" coming from the other side just so I could finish it!

This was a great interview! Jesse is one intelligent person, and I thoroughly enjoyed his thoughts about the SciFi/Fantasy world, as well as his thoughts on podcasting and audiobooks. What was especially interesting and appreciated, are his thoughts about podiobooks vs. audio dramas. Jesse is not afraid to express his opinions about authors who decide to use sound effects and casts to podcast their books, but he does it with such class and true objectivity that you can't help but respect what he thinks.

Definitely one of the most enjoyable interviews I've heard in a long time. If you haven't listened yet, and have always been curious about the origins of the successful site SFF Audio, then this is a must-listen.

From 3/26:
I heard rumors there was an interview happening! My awesome
audio-blogging colleague Jesse Willis (which I am sure I do not have to tell you is the founder of SFF Audio), has been interviewed by the also awesome Chris Moody of PodioMedia Chat!

I hear it's a great chat, and unfortunately it's down a bit on my listening list, as I'm in the middle of listening to many, many Mark Time/Ogle entries! It shall be consumed by my earholes very soon, but until then all of YOU should go and listen!

http://podiomediachat.chrismoody.net/archives/73

~Dani

No comments: