Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Friday, May 18, 2007

PodCamp Mania!

They have only been around less than a year, but they have spread like a virus- the PodCamp "Un"Conference. It all began last September in Boston, and since then have been popping up all over the United States, as well as the world! The idea is to bring a free networking day to podcasters in a particular region. This also helps those who might not be able to afford the travel to the bigger events such as Podcasters Across Borders or the Podcast and New Media Expo.

The Camps, naturally, are not exclusive to the regions either. People flew in from all over, including Canada (I know- makes it sound so far away eh?), to attend PodCamp NYC at the beginning of April. The more the merrier is definitely a motto for podcasters, and the PodCamp.

PodCamps can also be an online event as well. The end of July marks the first online-only PodCamp, hosted by Podcaster Who's Who. Obviously it can't be as face-to-face as the other camps, but it can certainly connect you with a wider range of podcasters, still at the same reasonable price. You even save on gas money!

So you can certainly understand my excitement when I discovered that there is a PodCampAZ coming our way at the beginning of November! Sometimes you get so involved in the wider range of podcasting and podcasters, you forget that you might actually have a few people sharing your passion right in your own region/state. I'm very excited about this, and look forward to helping where I am able to make this camp a success- which means FUN!

Though, how can it not be? Evo, Mike, and Summer bring joy where ever they go...

So check the main PodCamp wiki page, and get involved in your podcasting community NOW!

PodCamps I'm planning on attending*:
*PodCamp Who's Who: http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/Podcamp+Whos+Who
*PodCamp SoCal (since I will be at the Expo): http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/PodcampSoCal
*PodCamp AZ: http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/Podcamp-AZ

PodCamp Main Page:
PodCamp: http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/


(*You can also register for any PodCamp at their wiki pages)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since it was lumped in with PME, I would like to clarify the value of Podcasters Across Borders. PAB is a three-day event (June 22-24, 2007) for CDN$100 (per person). Besides three days worth of amazing sessions (none of which revolve around converting your podcast into money), registration includes lunch on the Saturday, a t-shirt with the names of registered podcasts (provided they register on or before May 30, 2007) and two major social events.

By contrast, PME is a three-day event (September 28-30,2007) for US$299 (per person). The sessions and social events are well known.

Audio Addict said...

Hi Mark,

I didn't mean in to imply that PAB and the PNME were in any way not valuable. I was merely stating the fact that for some, myself included, it's a little easier to drive across town vs. travel to Canada, or get to the California Expo. The only reason I can afford to get to the PNME is because I'm only one state over so travel is easier.

Trust me- I would LOVE to attend PAB in the future! I'm also hoping that one of these years when I am at the PNME, I will be able to attend some of the sessions instead of just walking the main floor. :-)

~Dani