Click on any of the entry titles to get more information about all the awesome things written about!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Dani's Post-Show Ramblings

The only thing better than listening to Shadowlands on Tuesday night, is listening to the show with a friend. Dave, my fellow audio addict, was able to join me for most of it this evening. This is one of the many many things I truly love about the internet, because he lives in Minnesota. So we sit in our respective caves and listen while chatting online together. What it usually turns into is something along the lines of "Mystery Science Theatre", making comments and (in tonight's case) try to figure out whodunnit before it's revealed. It was a regular Tuesday night date for awhile, until his day job started screwing with his schedule and taking him away from me. Don't they realize that the universe does indeed revolve around me and my addiction, and any and all schedule changes must be pre-approved with said audio addict?

But I digress...

I was convinced in tonight's Mystery Theatre show "The Time Box", that the daughter did it. I don't know why I always assume the woman is the evil one, but honestly the female is always overlooked. Women need more evil exposure! I remained completely convinced up until the end, when it was revealed that-

well.... I ain't telling. You can listen for yourself by grabbing the archive here.

Mid-show banter with Andrew and Jack is always fun to listen to. The weather forcast however, has been so- so- NORMAL lately. What is up with that? We heard another GREAT promo for their show- though it's a toss up to which one I like more, the mysterious caller tonight or Biff from last week. I have to admit, however, knowing them both just makes me enjoy listening to them even more. Hell they even make the PSA's fun to listen to! They complement each other well. Again, you'll just have to listen to the show to understand what I'm talking about. It's always funny to hear things being thrown at Jack. I don't know why. It just is.

(BTW... the time of the show if you grab the archive is 9- 10:30 p.m.)

Anywho... another Tuesday Pizza Night well-spent. If you listened to the show, leave a comment and tell us what you thought! Come back often for updates as to what is coming up next week, in the "final throes" of the Shadowlands. (Hey I can say it and mean it, unlike some in higher positions of power) :-)

Night all...
~Dani

PS- What? No mention of the fan blog on-air? What am I doing here, talking to myself???? ;-)

2 comments:

-=Topper=- said...

Mystery Science Theatre. I love that. "The Time Box" was cool. I thought to that it might have been the girl, just for a twist. And you truly are evil.

The Re-animator doesn't do it for me. One guy talking, he does convey but still flatly dramatic, if that can be a critique.

What is very exciting is the new radio drama's and sometimes comedies, in the future. The old recordings are cool of course. It's hard to beat Orson Wells, but Mr. Ward is trying, and doing pretty good.

I can't wait for new Biff episodes, they are very funny.

Dave -=topper=- T

Audio Addict said...

I heard from Andrew that Re-Animator is only a book-on-CD, not an actual radio play. I told him last night that he would sound awesome reading it, I always think of him when it's played. But I also know he's a major Lovecraft fan, so that might be the connection. :-)